Aug 23, 2008

Re-evaluating The List.

I’ve been slowly chipping away at “The List”. What list, you ask?
The list I made in my head before my son was born, of all the things as a mother I would never do.
My guess is most parents start out with a list like mine.
So far, here are the things that been thrown out, deleted, disguised or re-invented:

1. My child will have a schedule (last night he fell asleep on the sofa at 11:30pm).
2. My child will sleep in his own room (co-slept from birth).
3. My child will not eat in the car (cheerio bushes are growing under my car seats).
4. My child will be potty trained by 3 years old (almost 4 and not even close!)
5. I will not yell at my child (right, who was I kidding?)
6. I will not feed my child any junk food (confess to using a drive thru a couple times a month).
7. My child will not have his own computer (mommy has a new laptop, no more fighting over the keyboard).
8. My child will not run around barefoot everywhere (hasn’t worn shoes or socks in the house since he started walking).
9. My son will eat at the dinner table with me (dining room has turned into home school central).

There are probably more,
but these are what come to mind at the moment.
How about you, what has been abandoned on your list?

4 comments:

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

LOL, my list is very similar to yours!

Expecially the co-sleeping. I remember saying that we'd move Abbie to her own room when she was 6 weeks. Then 3 months. Then 6 months.

She's now 3.5 and still co-sleeping. Along with our 2yo and 7 week old. LOL!

Nessa said...

bwahahahah!!! Oh i had a list just like that. I don't have cheerio bushes, but i can't tell you how many times i've scraped pop tarts off the darn seat of the car when they were littler. Nice to know i'm not the only one!

Arty Allsorts said...

I don't have kids but my nephew occasionally whispers to me 'I wish you were my Mum' (usually when he's been told off for something) then I quote my list at him and he changes his mind! I don't suppose I'd stick to it either though :)

DJ said...

@April, the co-sleeping has really been a blessing!
@Nessa, if I was smart I would have bought seat covers before he was born.
@ Arty, the grass is always greener, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails