Feb 19, 2010

Teaching Children About Personal Safety


Last week I received an email promoting a contest for teachers to win a classroom makeover from Got 2B Safe. Their website is about teaching personal safety skills to children.

Even though it is directed at classrooms they do have a free down loadable kit which can be used for homeschoolers as well. It includes resources for teachers, a personal safety quiz for children to take and a poster. All the pages from the kit are printable. The site also has other downloads to print including games, activities and safety posters for different holidays.

The Got 2B Safe program uses four simple rules that children can use in potentially dangerous situations – check first, go with a friend, it’s my body and tell a trusted adult. Hope you'll find this site useful for teaching your children about personal safety, I did.

2 comments:

Xaivier Chia said...

I think this is important for us to take initiative to protect new generation. Thanks for your useful recommendation.

Xaivier Chia

Holly said...

I think I've heard of that site before. It's an important topic. I think it's especially important to teach kids it's not just adults who can do inappropriate things -- many of the predators are other kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails