Apr 9, 2009

KidsHealth.org



If your studying the human body with your children or have a child that is afraid of the doctor, KidsHealth may be able to help.
My son was asking questions about where his food went at lunch one day, so I searched online for an interactive site he could navigate himself, about anatomy. KidsHealth caught his attention and now he knows an awful lot about how his body works!

They have animated videos about each body system plus movies with real doctors and children about what happens at the dentist, hospital etc. On the home page you will find a child's medical dictionary, healthy cooking and safety tips, all written for children. They also have articles and quizzes for your child to read and complete.

The entire site is available in Spanish as well. My son's daily vocabulary now includes words like bladder, brain stem and bronchioli,
just to name a few. I can't wait to see what he says next!

2 comments:

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

That looks like a good resource. I know I'll be going there the next time PL has a question.

DJ said...

Obimom: My son is so entralled, he insisted on drawing cells and fungi on his Easter cards! So much for bunnies,lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails