So many new things happening this summer. While we have taken a break from formal lessons, due to the very nature of life itself, my son continues to learn.
In June we learned:
- You can't plant Cucumbers after May because the worms get to them first.
- Our house is wrapped in a blanket (Tyvek) before the siding is put on.
- Carpenters make a lot of mess.
- You have to use a chalk line to make things level.
- Spirit (our dog) will eat anything, including cigarettes, nails and caulking tubes.
- Mom doesn't have a favorite color or the house would be painted already.
- Power tools are better (and cooler) than hand tools.
- Mosquitoes are impossible to escape from.
In July so far:
- The neighbors barbecue a lot!
- Dogs don't like fireworks!
- Mom does not like fireworks!
- Trees have to be trimmed before the hurricanes come.
- How to play Monopoly.
- How to use the microwave.
Looks like it's going to be an un-schooling summer around here. Life's lessons don't stop for Summer, no matter how hard you try.