Nov 9, 2011

Dead Pumpkin Walking

pumpkin

See that perfectly beautiful pumpkin in the picture above? I have a confession to make. I couldn't do it, I couldn't carve it up. There it sits, still a whole gourd, complete as it is.

Halloween came and went and so did our tradition of carving a spectacular jack-o-lantern.
I don't know what came over me. We were busy getting ready for the holiday and I kept looking at it, trying to decide what it would become this year.

It just sat there, looking perfect and almost regal. So I gave it a reprieve, no carving.
I know what your thinking, "but DJ, it won't last forever". I know, I know!

Now Thanksgiving is around the corner and the question becomes, how much do we really want pie?

1 comments:

Lin said...

I only carved one out of four pumpkins--I just like the look of them on the front porch. :) I hate carving them and then tossing them out--seems like such a waste!

Related Posts with Thumbnails