May 4, 2011

Our New Canine Friend

poodle mix

I would like you to meet "Toby". He is a partially paralyzed poodle mix that has come to live with us. Toby is five years old and had spinal surgery for a back injury but did not have a full recovery.

His former owners have been unable to care for him so his neurologist asked me to help. He only has partial control of his rear legs and can only try to take a few wobbly steps without falling. He has a K-9 wheelchair that he gets around in just great when we go for walks.

I'm hoping that with some physical and swim therapy, I can improve his strength and condition.
He is already improving with his bowel and bladder control in just a week of therapy and nutritional support, so that is encouraging!

Even if this is as good as it gets, he will be a happy addition to our home. My son thinks a dog who has his own set of racing wheels is very cool!

4 comments:

PussDaddy said...

He is just adorable. I love him.

PD

DJ said...

@PD: Hi there PD! We fell in love asap ourselves.

Lin said...

Awwww. What a sweet little dog! And what a sweet family you are for taking such good care of him. :) It's nice to see such compassion for a little guy who just needs some extra love.

Leanne said...

Good for you! And really really good for him! I hope he just keeps improving. Enjoy the love - he's soo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails