- I need to get better organized.
- I need to lower my cholesterol (this may or may not be true, if I can ever afford health insurance, I may get that checked).
- I need to get more sleep (don't we all).
- We need a new car.
- We need a vacation (maybe when I retire).
- He needs a toy puppy that swims in the pool with him (he has a real dog that can do that).
- I need to be a - insert big name store here - shopper.
As amusing as this sometimes can be, I also find it disturbing how fast he is sucked into the ads. Even though I have explained to him what TV ads are for and he gets the fact that they are just trying to sell something, anything to anyone that will buy it, he is still captivated by them.
Thank goodness they no longer have ads for cigarettes, but I also wish a few more categories were eliminated or at least not shown until after 8pm.
I'm sure I'll be having discussions about why I don't need to "regrow my own hair" or be ready anytime "the mood is right", with my five year old son any day now. I don't want him to grow up thinking there is a pill to fix everything.
We already have too many adults with that problem and based on the increasing numbers of "accidental" drug overdose deaths, clearly there is not a pill to fix everything.
*vintage art from Karen's Whimsy.com