Jan 5, 2010

Making a Box Banjo


Our first project of the new year is about music and recycling. My son has been asking me to help him a make a string banjo from a cardboard box. Following the basic instructions I found at Enchanted Learning, we made this one.

I made the oval hole a little larger than I wanted but it still works. Also if you use different thickness rubber bands, the sound really changes. I used striped gift wrap to cover the box which also matched the different colored rubber bands.

My son has been having a blast strumming out a tune. After breaking a few rubber bands initially, he got the hang of it and now plucks the strings more fluidly. If you haven't tried this easy craft, I highly recommend it!

1 comments:

Holly said...

You are just too crafty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails