Jan 2, 2012

Here We Go

So it's 2012. How, when or why it happened, I don't know.  The New Year completely caught me off guard and now I feel like gasping for air and begging for part of 2011 back again. I wasn't finished with it yet, I didn't end it on a high note or any note. It's just gone.

I want so much to believe that 2012 will be a better year for everyone, but my gut tells me I'll be clawing my way through it as well. Between the economy, the election year and personal family health troubles brewing, I think most of the country, like myself, will still be struggling to keep our heads above water.

My son and I will start world history study this year, with the nomads up first. Perhaps their trials and travels will inspire me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'll also keep creating things to sell in my Etsy shop and hope my pet sitting clients are still traveling and in need of my services.

Florida is suppose to get the coldest weather so far this winter tonight, maybe even freezing and that always cheers me up and makes me more creative. I know, you guys up north think I'm crazy, but I find it hard to do crafty things when it's eighty plus degrees out. Valentine's Day and Easter are coming soon, so I better get to it!  Wishing you all the best 2012 you can have, and that we all survive it.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I sure hope it is a good year for you and your family, pally! It's hard to be optimistic when you see the news and your bank statement. I think we all feel the same way. But I can't spend my days worrying, so I work hard and try to save a penny here and there in between medical bills and tuition bills.

I hope this new year brings us all good news and much happiness!

DJ said...

@Lin: I hear you, I should just turn the news off! Best to you and Hobbes! DJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails