Jul 22, 2008

Have Laptop, Will Travel!


I finally did it, I ordered a laptop!
I know most of you probably already have one but this will be my first. Until now I didn't really need one. My son has changed all that, he discovered Noggin.com and now makes a beeline for my desk whenever I get up to leave my computer.
I knew I would need another one at some point but I truly thought it would be when he was a little older ( he's not yet 4). It's my own fault for sitting him on my lap when he was a baby while I worked and for showing him Nasa.
At the moment he would rather learn phonics with Starfall.com or find clues with Blues Clues than do just about anything else.
So thanks to Dell.com and my son this is what I ordered:

Inspiron 1525
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® SP1 Home Premium Edition
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
Size: 120GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
6 cell battery
High Definition Audio 2.0
Microsoft Works
Logitech V220 Cordless Optical Mouse - Midnight Blue
Red 4 GB DataTraveler 110 USB Flash Drive

Now I can't wait to get it set up. Of course I will have to spend some time learning about my new wireless connection and how to get my programs from my desktop to my laptop. I'm sure I'll figure it all out sooner or later!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails