May 31, 2008

Aquarium Fun

One of my favorite artists , Weird Bug Lady has come up with an ingenious creation! This completely handmade plush underwater scene fits in a standard 10 gallon aquarium.




As a mother, I see my child creating underwater stories in 3D and as an artist I love the color and attention to detail.
This piece would be equally at home on a shelf as faux decor.
The artist does warn though that this not a toy for very young children.
To make it safe for supervised play you could always use a Plexiglas tank instead of glass.
I've been told she plans to have others sets soon including amphibians and reptiles!
Be sure to have a look around her Etsy shop at all the unique pieces!

3 comments:

Gray Eyed Scorpio said...

I am definitely going to heart this item in WBL's shop!
I also like the Utah Phillips quote. As a teacher, I am aware that I get defensive about public school at the same time that I have perspective to see all the problems within that system.

Anonymous said...

I love fish you can't kill!

Melissa said...

This is too cute, and such a clever idea. I will definately be saving this for future use. Thank you for such a great idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails